Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 3: Holy pain in my Legs!!

Oh my gosh.... I've decided I need a wheel chair for the duration of this workout routine. I spent the majority of my day waddling... yes WADDLING around because my calves and quads were hurting SO bad. In fact I didn't think I would be able to make it downstairs!!

It's sad to say that, even inside this petite shell, is an absolutely unfit, unhealthy body. Once my body gets use to all of this (IF it gets use to this), I'm never going to let myself fall off of a workout routine again. It's pathetic that I feel so sore, and exhausted. I did, on a happy note, lose a pound!! Woohoo!! I'm excited for Monday's "official" weigh in and measurements!

My tastebuds are adjusting to these new healthy meals, and I've started to compile my list of meals i really enjoy. Definitely makes the whole process easier and is more encouraging!
I was scared to workout, because I literally could not walk comfortably. In the end, once we started the work out, my muscles stretched, and couldn't even tell i'd been so uncomfortable all day. Even better, I was able to do so much more of the routine!! It seemed easier... which means one of two things; either the workout WAS easier, OR my body is already adjusting!! I was excited to do more work with our upper body too. Can't wait to rip into the ab portion! Abs have always been my favorite workout :D

Another thing I've noticed about this whole process so far is that I've felt so much more relaxed mentally. Hubby to be and I have spent the last 3 nights just talking and talking and talking after our workout. In the past we would usually be vegging in front of the tv, sucked so far in to whatever we're watching, that i'm not sure either one of us are aware the other is there. I'm so glad he agreed to do this with me. <3 He's amazing, I love him, and I'm so incredibly proud of him!

On the other hand.. I think my housework may be lacking!! Since I've been so sore I've found no motivation to get up and clean the house. Not that the house is filthy or anything.. but I'm a clean freak normally, and anything out of place drives me bonkers!! I'm definitely going to have to find the strength (mentally and physically) to keep my housework up!

PS... for anyone considering doing a workout routine like Insanity. If you're not use to working out, don't have a good workout routine in place already, and are not in athletic form, I would suggest finding a slower paced workout to do before hand. We've had a hard time keeping up with the routines while maintaining our target heart rates. It really is no joke... but I think it would be much easier to get into if you've already been working out for an extended period of time. Just sayin! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment