Friday, May 14, 2010

Starting Over.... (Ooops...)

Well last Friday my fiancé and I completely slipped. I had a brutal afternoon, and was feeling so frazzled that I let my craving for pizza take over. I didn't have any desire to cook. I just wanted to relax. So we went and got pizza (I ate 90% of a small greek pizza... it was AMAZING!), and then we went and got frozen yogurt from this new little shop Yogurtie (unbelievably delicious!). We told ourselves we'd work out a little harder to make up for the splurge, but after getting the little man to bed we were feeling so sluggish and uncomfortably full that we couldn't bring ourselves to work out. At that point we decided we'd just work out twice on Saturday to make up for the slip. The problem with that was that I had proven to myself just how easy it was to skip a day and tell myself I'd make it up later. Of course we didn't wake up and work out. My mom wanted to take the little man for the day/night, so we dropped him off with her, and went to lunch (where we had margaritas on the patio). Needless to say we didn't feel like working out at that point either. We ALSO decided to go catch a ball game that night. Nothing but beer, cheesy fries, and peanuts there!! Sunday was Mothers day (suppose to be our break day), we decided we'd just work out twice Sunday instead. Sure didn't!! Ate ice-cream and italian food instead.

My point being, we didn't get back on track with our eating until Monday, and our workout routine on Tuesday. We actually just decided to start the entire program over. The first week was so hard for us anyways, what was an extra week going to hurt?? We've almost made it through our first week (again!), this time with much more ease.

The thing about eating healthy versus not eating healthy is that my body is literally craving these artificial, processed, chemical filled foods, but eating them doesn't taste the same anymore, and the way my body is left filling afterwards is just awful. No energy, sluggish, and just an all around feeling of heaviness. Now that I'm back on track eating healthy my body is loving it... so are my tastebuds!! Every meal I have is so filling, yet so refreshing. I don't feel weighed down.

Still having withdrawals from the junk food. In fact... this week has been killer (i'm pms'ing!!), and have been craving nothing but chocolate, onion rings, cheese sticks and soda. I've not cracked, but even typing those items is making me salivate. I'll continue to try and be strong though!! This morning was actually a blessing, I decided to give a Vanilla Almond Luna bar a whirl for my snack, and it was amazing!! It has this perfect about of sweetness, but is this healthy protein bar. It definitely helped curb my cravings... but now I keep thinking about how badly I want another Luna bar! hahaha...

In regards to our workouts this week; I'm feeling a major improvement from last week. Those legs of mine that were in crazy amounts of pain last week, feel so strong this week, and are not nearly as painful as before. I've actually been able to get through the majority of squatting, and other leg workouts!! I'm thrilled about that!! Now if I could just get my heart rate to stay lower longer. :) Yoga seems to keep my heart rate right in its target range, but in yoga you're stretching and taking your time. As soon as we start up with cardio it takes me about 15-20 minutes before my heart rate sky rockets up to 200 (soo not good!). I've decided that I may start some sort of light cardio/aerobic exercise during the day just to work my heart a little and get to a more athletic target heart rate.

Anyways... no more starting over. We're going full speed ahead this time. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo, you skipped a few days... it happens. :) If it makes it easier to include Mason... check this out. We got it for Ethan and I a few months ago and it's really (surprisingly) good! http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Families-Connect-Your-Kids/dp/B001M9PBK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1273994225&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, that is too cool! there's this super cool kids dance workout routine dvd by the makers of beachbody (who make insanity) I keep thinking that would be good. We usually work out after he goes to bed. He does enough running around all day, but on the weekends he def. wants to participate..

    ReplyDelete