Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Where it started, and WHY?

I've never been overweight. in fact the only time in my life I’ve ever weighed over 110 was when I was pregnant with my son (I think that's a pretty good excuse ;) ). I may not have ever been over weight, but I've never been very conscious of what I put into my body either.

Last year I decided to take a Yoga class for school to get my PE credit. I'm pretty sure that's where my journey began. Within weeks of being in the class my body shifted. I'm not sure how to explain it, but the biggest difference with me was the fact that my body no longer liked me to drink my morning lattes or any alcoholic beverages. I'd get dizzy, and feel disgusting. Of course I listened to my body and tried to cut them out as much as possible.

The class was over, and the months went on, and I just started becoming more conscious of the foods I was eating, and the drinks I was consuming. I started hearing all of this talk about how this generation of kids is the first that isn't expected to outlive their parents. This to me is a very scary and serious situation. I want to be a good role model for my son (who refuses to eat veggies, oats, and most fruits).

I've been jobless for about 4 months. During my time at home looking for jobs, I watch whatever's on day time TV. I decided to watch The Biggest Loser, one day, just to see what it was about. It sucked me in. The show is amazing. To watch so many people completely transform their lives and overcome so many obstacles, and take hold of a healthy life style (that in most cases is literally life saving) is the most inspirational and motivational thing I've ever witnessed. It made me feel like a total jerk though. Here I am weighing 110 pounds, complaining that my body isn't in "pre-baby" order, yet not doing a single thing to fix it. If these people can lose hundreds of pounds and become these tiny toned little things, surely I can find the drive to lose my measly 10-12 lbs, tone up, and find my pre-baby body.

So... I convinced my hubby to be to go on this journey to health with me. We ordered Insanity, put together our meal plans, and completely restocked our cupboards with healthy, organic, sugar free foods. I'm hoping that our son will see us eating healthy and decide that veggies really aren't that bad!

We'll see how this goes. It’s supposed to be 60 days. I have crazy determination to finish this and to create a new healthier life style for myself, and my family.

Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment